Summary: Links to my articles, which some magazines were silly enough to publish.
My version of The Old Man and the Sea is not quite ready, but these articles are available:
- Protect It: Safeguard Database Connection Strings and Other Sensitive Settings in Your Code, MSDN Magazine, November 2003.
- Data Deployment: Streamline Your Database Setup Process with a Custom Installer, MSDN Magazine, September 2004.
- Dissecting Error Messages, Dr. Dobb's Journal, May 2005.
- Write a Better Windows Service, Visual Studio Magazine, August 2005.
- It’s About Time: Localizing Time in ASP.NET Applications, asp.netPRO, January 2007 (I cannot find the article at the publisher's site, which requires paid subscription, but here is a PDF version of the article). [UPDATE: Penton Media bought asp.netPRO and now the article is available online.]