Summary: Scripting resources for Windows application developers and administrators.
I suspect that experienced Windows system administrators are familiar with these tools and resources, but if you are an occasional script writer and never heard of these, check them out:
- The Portable Script Center is a self-contained help (CHM) file containing dozens of sample scripts for managing Active Directory, applications, desktop, Group Policy, hardware, IIS, and a much more.
- Scriptomatic is a utility that can help you write WMI scripts for system administration. It generates WMI scripts in VBScript, Perl, Python, and Jscript. Scriptomatic supports numerous output formats from plain text to Web page to XML.
- WMI Code Creator generates VBScript, C#, and VB.NET code that uses WMI to perform management tasks such as querying for data, executing a method from a WMI class, or receiving event notifications.
- ADSI Scriptomatic generates scripts to manage objects in Active Directory.
- Tweakomatic generates scripts to manage Windows and Internet Explorer settings.